Systematic Equity – Data Scientist
Lazard is one of the world’s leading financial advisory and asset management firms. Our people make the difference. With just over 3,000 employees, our tight-knit community allows for professionals eager to learn and willing to teach to connect and grow together. We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and allyship are not just business imperatives — they are central pillars of our employee experience. Our entrepreneurial culture and flat structure allow creative ideas and original concepts to drive our business forward — and for careers to take flight.
Many of the world’s leading investors — from individuals to institutions across the globe — have entrusted Lazard Asset Management. We pride ourselves in uncovering the best investment opportunities for our clients. The purpose of our asset management business is to help our clients invest for the future — whether it’s for retirement, to grow and preserve inter-generational wealth, or to benefit the organizations that make our world smarter, healthier and more sustainable.
We are looking for an experienced data scientist who is interested in joining an innovative and fast-growing hedge fund group, run as a boutique inside Lazard Asset Management. Our group benefits from an entrepreneurial spirit and small team dynamics yet are part of a well-resourced well-recognized institution. We develop and manage systems and algorithms that aid us in running systematically driven investment strategies. Our systems process large amounts of traditional and alternative data sets daily to find attractively priced securities. This job provides an excellent opportunity to get into the world of hedge funds and build exciting and innovative technology around it. You will be trusted to focus both on the storytelling aspects of data science as well as complex model development for investment ideas.
A background in finance is preferred but not necessary. This role is in San Francisco and requires a physical presence in our office.
We’ll trust you to:
- Apply various modeling techniques to uncover insights in data
- Describe your results and findings to tell a story with data
- Apply complex methodologies to find different alpha sources in the markets
- Explore new data sets and their interaction with existing models
- Be a core member of our team, tackling multiple projects at once
- Take on a broad scope of work and an evolving role
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelors, Masters, and/or PhD in computer science
- 2+ more years of relevant data science work experience
- Advanced proficiency in machine learning techniques
- Outside-of-the-box problem solver and thinker
- Be a results-oriented individual who is passionate about impactful research with real-time feedback
- Intellectual curiosity in quantitative finance
- Programming experience with high level coding languages (i.e., Java, Python, C++, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- High level of integrity and ability to communicate clearly
Does this sound like you?
Apply! we’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
Diversity and Inclusion at Lazard
Lazard is an intellectual capital business focused on delivering the best advice and solutions to clients. Achieving these objectives requires us to identify, develop and retain the best talent. A workforce comprised of people with varied backgrounds and experiences creates a rich diversity of thought that empowers us to challenge conventional wisdom, as diverse perspectives lead to better decisions.
Our appreciation of diversity’s strength is ingrained in our multi-cultural heritage. As a global firm that has grown organically from local roots in different countries, we have a deep tradition of respect for individual differences, which has been core to our success for several decades.
The ongoing cultivation of diversity and an inclusive, equitable culture are essential to our continued growth. We are committed to sustaining an environment in which all employees – regardless of socioeconomic status, race, color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran or military status – can bring their whole selves to work to maximize their individual potential and our collective success.
This opportunity is closed to applications.