Fund Accountant - Family Office Partners
Lazard is one of the world’s leading financial advisory and asset management firms. Our people make the difference. With just over 3,000 employees, our tight-knit community allows for professionals eager to learn and willing to teach to connect and grow together. We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and allyship are not just business imperatives — they are central pillars of our employee experience. Our entrepreneurial culture and flat structure allow creative ideas and original concepts to drive our business forward — and for careers to take flight.
Many of the world’s leading investors — from individuals to institutions across the globe — have entrusted Lazard Asset Management. We pride ourselves in uncovering the best investment opportunities for our clients. The purpose of our asset management business is to help our clients invest for the future — whether it’s for retirement, to grow and preserve inter-generational wealth, or to benefit the organizations that make our world smarter, healthier and more sustainable.
Lazard Family Office Partners collaborates with our clients to help solve and simplify the complexities of wealth, while delivering sophisticated investment solutions and advice. We combine years of history and experience to help preserve and grow our clients’ wealth across generations.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for acting as the Fund Accountant for the equity and Cayman funds. The position has meaningful exposure to many aspects of the business and will report directly to the Managing Director, Co-Head Family Office Services and Compliance Director.
We’ll trust you to:
- Partner with third party administrators and auditors to review NAV calculations, financial statements, and annual audits
- Prepare monthly capital account statements for investors
- Manage relationships with external tax preparers ensuring the timeliness of deliverables
- Review investor K-1s, tax estimates and annual tax returns for the funds and prepare 1099’s
- Respond to ad hoc information requests
- Assist with capital call funding and investor capital call preparation for a multi-series private equity fund of fund
- Assist with compliance and regulatory filings
- Participate in internal initiatives
You’ll need to have:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- The ability to multitask with good time management skills to meet multiple reporting deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- A strong attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills: transparency, trustworthiness, confidence, competence,
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong communication skills across internal and external teams (orally and in writing)
- Self-motivation and drive, energy, curiosity, flexibility, and positivity
- High ethical and professional standards
What we offer:
We strive to enhance the total health and well-being of our employees through comprehensive, competitive benefits. Our goal is to offer a highly individualized employee experience that enables you to balance your commitments to career, family, and community. When you work for Lazard, you are working for an organization that cares about your unique talents and passions, and will continue to invest in the development of your career.
We expect the base salary range for this role to be approximately $65,000-80,000 USD. Various factors contribute to determining the actual base compensation offered, including but not limited to the applicant’s years of relevant experience, career tenure, qualifications, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, relevant skills for the role. Base salary is one component of Lazard Asset Management’s compensation package, which also includes comprehensive benefits and may include incentive compensation.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch on the next steps.
Diversity and Inclusion at Lazard
Lazard is an intellectual capital business focused on delivering the best advice and solutions to clients. Achieving these objectives requires us to identify, develop and retain the best talent. A workforce comprised of people with varied backgrounds and experiences creates a rich diversity of thought that empowers us to challenge conventional wisdom, as diverse perspectives lead to better decisions.
Our appreciation of diversity’s strength is ingrained in our multi-cultural heritage. As a global firm that has grown organically from local roots in different countries, we have a deep tradition of respect for individual differences, which has been core to our success for several decades.
The ongoing cultivation of diversity and an inclusive, equitable culture are essential to our continued growth. We are committed to sustaining an environment in which all employees – regardless of socioeconomic status, race, color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran or military status – can bring their whole selves to work to maximize their individual potential and our collective success.