Equity Research Analyst - US Industrials
Lazard is one of the world’s leading financial advisory and asset management firms. Our people make the difference. With just over 3,000 employees, our tight-knit community allows for professionals eager to learn and willing to teach to connect and grow together. We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and allyship are not just business imperatives — they are central pillars of our employee experience. Our entrepreneurial culture and flat structure allow creative ideas and original concepts to drive our business forward — and for careers to take flight.
We are looking for an experienced Equity Research Analyst for US Industrials. Sector coverage could include Autos, Housing, Aerospace, Transportation, Construction, and Packaging.
Teamwork is at the foundation of Lazard Asset Management. The team’s disciplined process puts strong emphasis on primary research. The insight generated from the research process is communicated throughout the team and leveraged across LAM’s portfolios. Stock picking is based on a disciplined relative valuation process. As an Analyst, our team approach will allow you to benefit from the insight of your peers while being responsible and accountable for your individual insight and contributions to the team and portfolios.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop primary research sources among industry contacts, customers, suppliers and competitors of the companies you are researching
- Conduct fundamental research and analyze the financials of the companies you cover
- Build and maintain valuation models and comparable company analysis
- Quantify the risk/reward and timeliness of investment ideas
- Analyze sector, currency, political, and regulatory risks
- Demonstrate passion for and distinguished knowledge of your sector
You’ll need to have:
- 3-7 years’ experience as an equity research analyst on both the buy and sell sides
- At least 4 years of experience in Equity Research
- CFA Preferred (Level 1 is minimum requirement)
- Exceptional financial modeling and fundamental analysis abilities
- A detailed, systematic and thematic approach to conducting research
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills
- Expert understanding of the Industrials sector and its attributed risk factors and dependencies
- Desire to improve and contribute to our Equity research platform
What we offer
We strive to enhance the total health and well-being of our employees through comprehensive, competitive benefits. Our goal is to offer a highly individualized employee experience that enables you to balance your commitments to career, family, and community. When you work for Lazard, you are working for an organization that cares about your unique talents and passions, and will continue to invest in the development of your career.
We expect the base salary range for this role to be approximately 170,000 - 200,000 USD. Various factors contribute to determining the actual base compensation offered, including but not limited to the applicant’s years of relevant experience, career tenure, qualifications, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, relevant skills for the role. Base salary is one component of Lazard Asset Management’s compensation package, which also includes comprehensive benefits and may include incentive compensation.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch on the next steps.
Diversity and Inclusion at Lazard
Lazard is an intellectual capital business focused on delivering the best advice and solutions to clients. Achieving these objectives requires us to identify, develop and retain the best talent. A workforce comprised of people with varied backgrounds and experiences creates a rich diversity of thought that empowers us to challenge conventional wisdom, as diverse perspectives lead to better decisions.
Our appreciation of diversity’s strength is ingrained in our multi-cultural heritage. As a global firm that has grown organically from local roots in different countries, we have a deep tradition of respect for individual differences, which has been core to our success for several decades.
The ongoing cultivation of diversity and an inclusive, equitable culture are essential to our continued growth. We are committed to sustaining an environment in which all employees – regardless of socioeconomic status, race, color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran or military status – can bring their whole selves to work to maximize their individual potential and our collective success.