Analyst - Private Capital Advisory
Lazard is one of the world’s leading financial advisory and asset management firms. Our people make the difference. With just over 3,000 employees, our tight-knit community allows for professionals eager to learn and willing to teach to connect and grow together. We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and allyship are not just business imperatives — they are central pillars of our employee experience. Our entrepreneurial culture and flat structure allow creative ideas and original concepts to drive our business forward — and for careers to take flight.
Through our financial advisory business, Lazard advises clients around the world on strategic and financial matters including mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, capital structure and capital raising. Our client relationships are built on trust and discretion. As the world’s largest advisory-focused firm, we have exceptional depth of expertise across industry sectors and geographies. We value the rich diversity that comes from blending local perspective with our global network.
Lazard’s Private Capital Advisory Group (“PCA”) is a global leader in raising capital, executing secondary transactions and providing capital solutions for private investment funds. We are a leading global placement agent having raised over 145 funds and over $145B of capital since 2003. Our group has built one of the broadest institutional investor coverage networks in the industry and has cultivated relationships with over 1,500 institutional investors, globally. Our secondary advisory team has advised on many of the largest and most innovative transactions in the secondary market.
The Lazard Private Capital Advisory Group has three lines of business:
- Secondary Advisory:
- Dedicated global team of secondary transaction experts advising on the divestiture of private fund interests and direct securities interests via GP-led (single / multi-asset continuation fund, strip sale, tender offer, etc.) and LP-led secondary transactions
- Conducting sales processes of existing fund positions or direct company interests on behalf of both fund managers and institutional investors, Lazard PCA has advised many of the leading financial sponsors in the world and created many of the structures that are now commonplace in the secondary market
- Experienced advisor on the sale or spin-out of management companies, as well as the leading advisor in the financial sponsor liquidity solution market today
- Private Equity and Credit Fund Placement:
- Advises private equity and credit funds on raising capital across fund types and structures
- Decades of experience and a global network of relationships with relevant sources of capital
- Successful capital raising track record with special expertise in complex transactions across a variety of strategies and sectors
- Real Asset Fund Placement:
- Advises real estate and real asset funds seeking to raise capital
- Experienced in working with both equity- and debt-focused managers across a range of investment vehicles, including closed- and open-end funds, private REITs, and programmatic joint ventures
Analysts in Lazard's Private Capital Advisory Group will work as part of broader deal teams across all three business segments within the team. Our deal teams are typically formed of 3-4 PCA professionals, comprised of an Analyst, Associate, Vice President or Director and a Managing Director. Analysts will work in tandem with Associates during the preparation of a transaction (i.e., drafting marketing materials such as a Confidential Information Memorandum, building financial projection model(s) and modelling returns to prospective investors, preparing the Virtual Data Room, etc.) and during the marketing and due diligence phases of the transaction (i.e., tracking investor outreach, facilitating and answering due diligence questions from potential buyers and other responsibilities as part of managing the transaction process).
We’ll trust you to:
- Prepare presentation materials and pitches for prospective clients as we are marketing secondary transactions and primary fundraises
- Analyze client financial and performance information and assisting in the group's due diligence investigations of prospective clients and companies
- Run financial models of companies in both LP-led and GP-led secondary processes (company operating projections, LBO, DCF) as well as do fund level returns modelling of investors for our sponsor clients
- Assist in the preparation of marketing materials, including private placement memoranda, confidential information memoranda, projection models and investor presentation materials
- Communicate regularly with Lazard's institutional investor coverage professionals and across Lazard M&A teams we are working with on processes
- Assist in preparing responses to investor due diligence requests
- Manage the new investor / buyer outreach process as part of live transactions
- Maintain a database of investor commentary, feedback, and interest in a particular fund
- Track market data to assist the group’s communications with fund managers and limited partners
You’ll need to have:
- One year of relevant full-time work experience (investment banking, corporate finance or management consulting is strongly preferred)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with training in the building of presentation materials and financial modelling. PCA will provide additional training specific for our transactions but a baseline technical skillset is preferred
- Proven academic excellence with excellent attention to detail and high standards of accuracy
- Team player mindset. Ability to work as part of a close-knit team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate both to PCA deal teams and external clients
- Strong ability to multi-task as the role requires the balancing of multiple deals across our three verticals at once
- High level of responsiveness with a strong work ethic and commitment to maintaining a high quality work product
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch on the next steps.
What we offer:
We strive to enhance the total health and well-being of our employees through comprehensive, competitive benefits. Our goal is to offer a highly individualized employee experience that enables you to balance your commitments to career, family, and community. When you work for Lazard, you are working for an organization that cares about your unique talents and passions, and will continue to invest in the development of your career.
We expect the base salary range for this role to be approximately $120,000 - $125,000 USD. Various factors contribute to determining the actual base compensation offered, including but not limited to the applicant’s years of relevant experience, career tenure, qualifications, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and relevant skills for the role. Base salary is one component of Lazard Financial Advisory’s compensation package, which also includes comprehensive benefits and may include incentive compensation.
Diversity and Inclusion at Lazard
Lazard is an intellectual capital business focused on delivering the best advice and solutions to clients. Achieving these objectives requires us to identify, develop and retain the best talent. A workforce comprised of people with varied backgrounds and experiences creates a rich diversity of thought that empowers us to challenge conventional wisdom, as diverse perspectives lead to better decisions.
Our appreciation of diversity’s strength is ingrained in our multi-cultural heritage. As a global firm that has grown organically from local roots in different countries, we have a deep tradition of respect for individual differences, which has been core to our success for several decades.
The ongoing cultivation of diversity and an inclusive, equitable culture are essential to our continued growth. We are committed to sustaining an environment in which all employees – regardless of socioeconomic status, race, color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran or military status – can bring their whole selves to work to maximize their individual potential and our collective success. #LI-EF1
This opportunity is closed to applications.