Lazard is one of the world’s leading financial advisory and asset management firms. Our people make the difference. With just over 3,000 employees, our tight-knit community allows for professionals eager to learn and willing to teach to connect and grow together. We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and allyship are not just business imperatives — they are central pillars of our employee experience. Our entrepreneurial culture and flat structure allow creative ideas and original concepts to drive our business forward — and for careers to take flight.
Many of the world’s leading investors — from individuals to institutions across the globe — have entrusted Lazard Asset Management. We pride ourselves in uncovering the best investment opportunities for our clients. The purpose of our asset management business is to help our clients invest for the future — whether it’s for retirement, to grow and preserve inter-generational wealth, or to benefit the organizations that make our world smarter, healthier, and more sustainable.
Our team is responsible for responding to any questionnaires Lazard receives from clients, prospects, or consultants pertaining to the firm or its strategies. RFP maintains a centralized language database, Qvidian, which aids in the automation of the questionnaire response process and supports the tracking and reporting of questionnaire activity. Utilizing Qvidian and other sources, the Writer’s primary job will be to complete RFPs, DDQs, and other questionnaires. They will collaborate closely with portfolio management teams, subject-matter experts, and other groups within the firm to produce timely and accurate proposals in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Complete RFIs/RFPs and DDQs for the firm’s strategies
- Efficiently manage multiple RFP assignments simultaneously for sales channels based globally
- Act as a product specialist in the RFP team on assigned strategies and work closely with portfolio management teams to master all aspects of the products’ features
- Execute and track due diligence questionnaires in support of the firm’s US third-party and sub-advisory businesses
- Communicate with all levels of management to respond to individual or customized questions and requests
- Partner with our dedicated database administrator to maintain and update relevant language/data in the RFP library (Qvidian)
- Supervise consultant databases narrative
Successful candidates will need:
- At least 3 years RFP writing experience or relevant industry experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Qvidian (or alternative RFP content database)
- Strong technical knowledge across equities, fixed income and alternatives, as well as solid understanding of ESG topics
- Ability to establish smooth working relationships with all internal clients, including Portfolio Management, Risk Management, Trading, Legal and Compliance, Operations and HR teams
- Strong written communication skills (writing samples requested)
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines across multiple time zones
- Superior multi-tasking skills in managing multiple deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Knowledge of consultant databases preferred
- Enjoys being a team player with exceptional organizational skills, interpersonal skills and can-do attitude
- Experience with “agile” approach is a plus
What we offer
We strive to enhance the total health and well-being of our employees through comprehensive, competitive benefits. Our goal is to offer a highly individualized employee experience that enables you to balance your commitments to career, family, and community. When you work for Lazard, you are working for an organization that cares about your unique talents and passions, and will continue to invest in the development of your career.
We expect the base salary range for this role to be approximately 70,000-95,000 USD. Various factors contribute to determining the actual base compensation offered, including but not limited to the applicant’s years of relevant experience, career tenure, qualifications, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, relevant skills for the role. Base salary is one component of Lazard Asset Management’s compensation package, which also includes comprehensive benefits and may include incentive compensation.
Diversity and Inclusion at Lazard
Lazard is an intellectual capital business focused on delivering the best advice and solutions to clients. Achieving these objectives requires us to identify, develop and retain the best talent. A workforce comprised of people with varied backgrounds and experiences creates a rich diversity of thought that empowers us to challenge conventional wisdom, as diverse perspectives lead to better decisions.
Our appreciation of diversity’s strength is ingrained in our multi-cultural heritage. As a global firm that has grown organically from local roots in different countries, we have a deep tradition of respect for individual differences, which has been core to our success for several decades.