SVP, Business Development & Relationships - Family Office Partners
Lazard is one of the world’s leading financial advisory and asset management firms. Our people make the difference. With just over 3,000 employees, our tight-knit community allows for professionals eager to learn and willing to teach to connect and grow together. We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and allyship are not just business imperatives — they are central pillars of our employee experience. Our entrepreneurial culture and flat structure allow creative ideas and original concepts to drive our business forward — and for careers to take flight.
Lazard Family Office Partners (LFOP), LAM’s wealth management business, collaborates with our clients to help solve and simplify the complexities of wealth, while delivering sophisticated investment solutions and advice. We combine years of history and experience to help preserve and grow our clients’ wealth across generations. The principal areas of focus with clients are strategic advice and planning, investment management and direct private investments. Working in partnership with families, we customize an investment process that meets their specific needs.
We are seeking a Senior Vice President of Business Development and Relationships to focus on driving business growth, building a referral pipeline and fostering key relationships with “Centers of Influence” (COIs) in the UHNW investment ecosystem.
We’ll trust you to:
- Focus your relationship management expertise to effectively promote our services and expand our client base
- Identify COIs (firms, individuals or entities) such as attorneys, accountants, insurance providers, etc. who collaborate with those in the UHNW space
- Educate COIs on LFOP’s capabilities
- Establish and maintain meaningful connections with COIs through networking events, introductions, conferences, panels and targeted outreach efforts; stay updated on market trends and client needs as well as COI services, performance and offerings.
- Track communications in Salesforce.
- Showcase LFOP’s expertise and value proposition by hosting seminars, events providing educational resources, etc.
- Create a symbiotic relationship with COIs for client referrals to LFOP and referrals back to the COI as needs arise from LFOP’s clients
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years experience in the wealth management industry including working with Trust and Estate attorneys and accountants
- Ability to work proactively and independently as a member of a small, flat, cohesive team with limited supervision
- Comprehensive knowledge of investments, tax and estate planning services
- Demonstrated success in business building, sales and relationship management
- Outstanding attention to detail, with ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting or exceeding deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Collegial, collaborative mindset
- A belief in continuous improvement
- Ability to participate in some domestic and international travel
What We Offer
We strive to enhance the total health and well-being of our employees through comprehensive, competitive benefits. Our goal is to offer a highly individualized employee experience that enables you to balance your commitments to career, family, and community. When you work for Lazard, you are working for an organization that cares about your unique talents and passions, and will continue to invest in the development of your career.
We expect the base salary range for this role to be approximately 150,000-200,000 USD. Various factors contribute to determining the actual base compensation offered, including but not limited to the applicant’s years of relevant experience, career tenure, qualifications, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, relevant skills for the role. Base salary is one component of Lazard Asset Management’s compensation package, which also includes comprehensive benefits and may include incentive compensation.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch on the next steps.
Diversity and Inclusion at Lazard
Lazard is an intellectual capital business focused on delivering the best advice and solutions to clients. Achieving these objectives requires us to identify, develop and retain the best talent. A workforce comprised of people with varied backgrounds and experiences creates a rich diversity of thought that empowers us to challenge conventional wisdom, as diverse perspectives lead to better decisions.
Our appreciation of diversity’s strength is ingrained in our multi-cultural heritage. As a global firm that has grown organically from local roots in different countries, we have a deep tradition of respect for individual differences, which has been core to our success for several decades.
The ongoing cultivation of diversity and an inclusive, equitable culture are essential to our continued growth. We are committed to sustaining an environment in which all employees – regardless of socioeconomic status, race, color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran or military status – can bring their whole selves to work to maximize their individual potential and our collective success.