VP Investments, Public Markets - Family Office Partners
Lazard is one of the world’s leading financial advisory and asset management firms. Our people make the difference. With just over 3,000 employees, our tight-knit community allows for professionals eager to learn and willing to teach to connect and grow together. We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and allyship are not just business imperatives — they are central pillars of our employee experience. Our entrepreneurial culture and flat structure allow creative ideas and original concepts to drive our business forward — and for careers to take flight.
Many of the world’s leading investors — from individuals to institutions across the globe — have entrusted Lazard Asset Management. We pride ourselves in uncovering the best investment opportunities for our clients. The purpose of our asset management business is to help our clients invest for the future — whether it’s for retirement, to grow and preserve inter-generational wealth, or to benefit the organizations that make our world smarter, healthier and more sustainable.
Lazard Family Office Partners collaborates with our clients to help solve and simplify the complexities of wealth, while delivering sophisticated investment solutions and advice. We are looking for a seasoned marketable investments professional to help invest and manage our client’s portfolios. Marketable investments will broadly include long-only equities across geographies, as well as hedge fund strategies, such as long-short equity and event-driven.
We’ll trust you to act as a key member of the Investment team in all aspects of the investment process by
- Maintaining dialogue with peers and intermediaries to stay informed on developments in various global markets and help source investment ideas
- Participating in meetings with existing and prospective managers
- Developing quantitative and qualitative evaluation of investment opportunities
- Supporting and defending investment views
- Analyzing performance and portfolio characteristics of fund strategies
- Preparing investment recommendations for the Investment Committee
- Helping to conduct quarterly portfolio and market reviews; evaluate existing fund managers; oversee preparation of exposure and attribution spreadsheets; present findings to investment team
- Collaborating with other team members on monthly and quarterly investment flows into and out of funds in our commingled pools and client portfolios; contribute to analysis supporting these decisions
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and research related to client requests regarding individual stocks, third-party managers and/or underlying markets
You’ll need to have a background in investment management or other finance-related or analytically-oriented experience:
- 4-7 years’ experience at a consulting firm, endowment/foundation, family office, fund of funds or other firm allocating to marketable managers
- Ability to work proactively and independently as a member of a small, flat, cohesive team with limited supervision
- Outstanding attention to detail, with ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting or exceeding deadlines
- Well-developed quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Collegial, collaborative mindset
- A belief in continuous improvement
- Ability to participate in some domestic and international travel
What We Offer
We strive to enhance the total health and well-being of our employees through comprehensive, competitive benefits. Our goal is to offer a highly individualized employee experience that enables you to balance your commitments to career, family, and community. When you work for Lazard, you are working for an organization that cares about your unique talents and passions, and will continue to invest in the development of your career.
We expect the base salary range for this role to be approximately 120,000 - 145,000 USD. Various factors contribute to determining the actual base compensation offered, including but not limited to the applicant’s years of relevant experience, career tenure, qualifications, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, relevant skills for the role. Base salary is one component of Lazard Asset Management’s compensation package, which also includes comprehensive benefits and may include incentive compensation.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch on the next steps.
Diversity and Inclusion at Lazard
Lazard is an intellectual capital business focused on delivering the best advice and solutions to clients. Achieving these objectives requires us to identify, develop and retain the best talent. A workforce comprised of people with varied backgrounds and experiences creates a rich diversity of thought that empowers us to challenge conventional wisdom, as diverse perspectives lead to better decisions.
Our appreciation of diversity’s strength is ingrained in our multi-cultural heritage. As a global firm that has grown organically from local roots in different countries, we have a deep tradition of respect for individual differences, which has been core to our success for several decades.
The ongoing cultivation of diversity and an inclusive, equitable culture are essential to our continued growth. We are committed to sustaining an environment in which all employees – regardless of socioeconomic status, race, color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran or military status – can bring their whole selves to work to maximize their individual potential and our collective success.